Re: [MV] Join the Army, not if you ever had ridilin

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 20:34:41 PDT

Hi JE...

>If you have ever in your life been on ridilin you are permanently
>disqualified from ever serving with the US armed forces. Apparently no
>exceptions. Other drugs used to treat adhd will not disqualify you given a
>certain period of time, in her case 12 months for whatever it was she was
>taking, up to 6 months ago (meaning she's got to sit out 6 more months).
>
>I wonder how many MD's will tell a parent this when prescribing this stuff?

The same is true with gun ownership. If you were EVER in your life on
any psychiatric drug, and it is in your record, you will not pass the
background check when you go to buy a gun. You by law must declare
this in your application. Not widely known.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See These Trucks at www.CUCV.NET Keyword Searching of 22,000 Electronic TMs at www.MILDOCS.com