Re: [MV] Join the Army, not if you ever had ridilin

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 06:39:42 PDT

>Since Ritalin is primarilly used for "Attention Deficit Disorders" which
>usually
>are not curable, it may be that the Armed Services are more concerned about
>someone who still has this disorder, than the fact that the person took a
>particular
>drug. I don't think you would want someone with that type of a disorder in a
>combat situation, or driving an M88. (Mandatory MV content)

Yea but..... other drugs used to control this disorder, such as speed, only
require a time out period. Add to this the fact that ( at least as reported
by anti-ridilin activist groups) this stuff is way over perscribed and
perscribed for kids who are not actual adhd candidates, meaning that many
more kids are on this stuff than need to be. But what do I know, I don't
have kids.

later,

je