GEORGIA

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 11:32:31 PDT

My trip to Georgia was great... I went through the Post Museum at Fort
Benning...great exhibits there..all should see if in the area.
Benning claims they are going to build a whole new Museum complex..!!!
As a retired Army type..I had no trouble driving in all the areas where the
public normally does not go. Everywhere I went..I saw military vehicles
stuck here and there in the bushes..on grass...covered with vines.. MANY
Stuart tanks all over the place..some I saw were in near running condition..
The one at the Museum was hauled in off a firing range and full of bullet
holes..others I saw hidden away were in great shape !!! Many 114 tracks
around there too...Made me drool....
Great base.. filled me with pride to see my grandson graduate..and with the
only PT Award for the Company. Good kid.! He went through a tough Infantry
Brigade Basic Training course and did extremely well.
Now he is doing something we all wish we could do...5 weeks in Fort Sill,
Oklahoma with the new MLRS tracked vehicle !! Lucky stiff.... Gene