Re: [MV] M151A2 Starting Problem - Solved (I hope)

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 18:18:45 PDT

In a message dated 8/4/2003 8:05:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, richs@volcano.net writes:

> It would crank at a good clip, just not
> fire.
>
> I got some great replys, but the prize goes to David Doyle.
> He suggested it
> might be the batteries. I was doubtful, but

Thanks, but really the prize goes to my friend and fellow MV collector David Waring (not on this list). David is a professional mechanic, and has been all his life, on at least two continents.

He spoke a few years ago at one of our club meetings about ignition systems, and explained how weak batteries could turn the starter, but not have enough reserve for the ignition. Over the years he has given various odd diagnosis to MV mechanical problems of myself and other, and to my knowledge, no matter how odd his diagnosis may sound....he has yet to be wrong.

I was merely the attentive student this time.

Regards,
David Doyle