CUCV diesel problems

From: Jim (jeeperjim@cox-internet.com)
Date: Sat Aug 09 2003 - 10:11:06 PDT

I'm sorry listers. A week ago someone was looking for ideas on a CUCV that
looses fuel system priming after sitting for a few days and I lost the
e-mail.
One answer is to install a AC Delco in-line electric fuel pump on the inside
of the right rear frame area.
The AC Delco part number is EP12S and the GM p/n is 6472381. I found out
that they are available through AC Delco distributors currently and my local
shop has one in stock with more available within one or two days.
They list for $82.54 but someone with a fleet discount like my company can
purchase them for $53.94 + tax.
The CUCV trucks have a break in the hard line in this area with a soft piece
of tube installed for vibration relief.
I added a piece of extra fuel tubing and installed my pump there where it is
not seen unless you are laying on the ground looking up. I installed a
momentary on switch and use it when it has been sitting for a while during
the winter or when I'm changing fuel filters. It makes bleeding the system
a breeze. The dealer that I can acquire them from is at 337-237-0040 in
Louisiana and is a "Car Care" auto parts outlet.
Jim
jeeperjim@cox-internet.com