RE: [MV] Tow Vehicle for a WW2 deuce

From: Glen Bedel (GBedel@designforum.com)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 05:10:58 PDT

Here's a good lesson about overdrive automatics that I learned ( the hard
way).
I was told after leaving 2 trailers (combined weight 5k lbs.) in Virginia,
due to my trans overheating. If towing with an overdrive trans, you must
leave it in standard drive and burn more gas.

If you decide to use overdrive it had better be down hill or flat terrain.
My trans needs to be rebuilt now. The clutch plates in side have been badly
burned I believe.