Re: [MV] 24VDC battery charger

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 20:29:12 PDT

If you have room in the charger, you may be able to fit a standard bathroom
fan type timer into the case. I've seen them with 1 hr to 4 hr settings.
They are about $10 or so at Home Depot type places. Grainger probably
stocks a couple of windup type timers also. I've had terrible luck with
"Automatic" chargers. They work for a few months and then the automatic
part fails. And if they are working in Automatic, they will cook the
battery anyway if left on for a couple of weeks. That's not what I call
automatic, unless they really mean "Automatically fries your battery". (:-
<)

How much do you have to pay for an automatic charger that really works
automatically?

Dave

--
Dave