Re: [MV] Virus warning for list, sorry

From: Employee@MilVeh.com
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 12:21:53 PDT

RE: Sobig and Blaster virus now hitting us hard.

The rotten part about trying to protect yourself is
virus protection works fine if you happen to have a
profile of the virus.

So even a person who is really updated and careful and
does everything right, can stil get the dang thing
because the profile wasn't yet available, cause the
virus was too new.

In my case I was running Norton Anti-virus with the
"incoming and outgoing" e-mail virus screener and
somehow this little bugger still slipped by, but the
thing was caught within 24 hours by the same software
and fixed, so wasn't a total flop.

I had been running with a Norton firewall, but it gave
me too many false positives and slowed things up a
tad, but looks like I will have to go back to running
the firewall again.

Just a side thought, but the people that release these
virus's ought to get 20 years hard time, cause you
know they do more damage than a bank robber.

Well, again, sorry list if I passed that virus along
to any of you, sure feel bad about it I did. All I
can say is contact the Norton site and they will show
you how to get rid of it, no charge.