M-809 question

From: Witold Grzymala-Busse (wbusse@ips-networking.com)
Date: Mon Aug 25 2003 - 08:11:35 PDT

I have some questions regarding the m-809 series trucks:

How hard is it to convert a M-809 to super singles? Do the axles have to be
modified? What about the speedo?
What are the advantages of super singles for a M-813? Should a M-816 also
have super singles?

What type of power steering fluid do you use in a M-809 type truck?

In my wrecker I found a dipstick on the floor that looked just like the oil
dipstick but it was only about 1 foot long, what is it for? The hydraulic
reservoir for the crane had its dipstick in place.

And, my fuel injector pump on the NHC250 is missing the rear portion (it
looks like the pump can divided into two main components) how hard is it to
put the rear section back on, do you have to time it, if you do what is the
procedure?

Fianlly, is the wrecker the only M-809 type truck with duel fuel tanks? Or
are there other trucks as well.

WGB