Re: [MV] HMMWV v. idiots in government - With MV Content!

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 10:27:26 PDT

>I sincerely doubt that releasing all of the AMG hummers that are now in the
>Military would hurt AMG at all. In fact it may very well help them
>tremendously with spare part sales, etc.

I agree. I think AMG is being rather thickheaded about this. With 1
year old vehicles they might have an argument, but for 20 year old
beaters? I don't see the logic either.

>Steve, I'd be curious to know why you don't want the Army releasing your
>products to the public after use.

Because the value is intellectual in nature, not physical.

>Unless you have a corner on the market, you will simply lose the contract
>if you 5X the price.

If they don't pay us what it is worth, we will gladly let someone else do
it. We spent 2 years on contract negotiations (which should have taken 4
months) and when the light was at the end of the tunnel it was cancelled
at the last minute because the money we were about to receive was raided
for war expenses. Now we have to start all over again. Yup, working
with the government is fun :-)

Steve