RE: [MV] M151A2 Starting Problem - Finally solved !!!

From: Rich Sherman (richs@volcano.net)
Date: Tue Sep 02 2003 - 08:24:30 PDT

> Hi List,
>
> I finally solved my M151A2 starting problem ! The culprit was a
> faulty ignition
> coil.
>
> Antonio Regazzoni, HB9RBS

This was exactly my experience this last weekend! The new batteries helped
my starting problem, until recently. I took the outer distributor cover off
and saw evidence of an oil leak around the coil. Very interesting... So I
took a coil from the Hawk carrier (same engine type) and put that in. The
Mutt started perfectly, just like the old days! And it has run great over
the last couple of days.

With the cover off I see is it way past tune up time. It needs an inner
distributor cap, rotor, and plugs.

Now if I could fix the WC57's overheating...