Re: [MV] M125A1 10-ton cargo (Cummins V8-300 diesel)

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 07:50:10 PDT

    The general consensus (so far) is a re-power/conversion. I can definitely believe that. I also believe they were definitely done by the military at some point. If not, it was definitely given consideration. I found a reference to the M125A1 10-ton Cargo Truck on the internet at a page from Ft. Eustis, VA at this address:
http://www.tsm-twvrmo.eustis.army.mil/x.htm
It's about 1/2 way down the page, at the end of the cargo truck listings.

    I've never heard nor read any reference to this truck being produced from the factory. Nor have I ever heard any converted M125 referred to as an M125A1, so I was kind of surprised. I have the NSN written down around here somewhere for this truck. I looked it up on the DRMS site once and it came back as a 10-ton cargo with a diesel 300hp V8 Cummins engine.

    I guess the question would be: Would a distinct NSN have been created for a vehicle that was only a re-power, and never actually produced from the factory?? I guess it is entirely possible, given we are talking about the government. Or, was it supposed to be produced, and just scrapped because of the lack of need (suffering the fate of the M125, itself)? Maybe some were converted and labeled M125A1's. Maybe there is one or two out there somewhere, or they were all sent to another nation after we decided we did not need them?

    Inquiring minds want to know.....

    --Neil