Re: [MV] 20 years from now

From: Dave Winslow \(Dad\) (David@Winslow.mv.com)
Date: Fri Sep 19 2003 - 13:42:44 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Ehle" <markehle@hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2003 13:45 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] 20 years from now

> If our leaders were smart, we'd be burning hydrogen.

Where would you get all that hydrogen? From oil maybe?

> It makes so much sense
> that it is almost a given that our government will screw it up. It
is our
> one chance to get out from under the burden of foreign oil. You can
bet that
> the oil lobby will make sure that never happens.

Petroleum products could all be put under a special tax to discourage
their use, to encourage alternatives, to finance research, so that a
gradual process would evolve. It will not happen, not becuase of the
oil lobby, but because of people who love their SUVs.

> If we went to an all-hydrogen economy, I would gladly park my M35
(mv
> content!) and drive my hydrogen-powered SUV anyday. Besides, I think
that a
> fuel cell would work nicely in an electric duece-n-a-half! You could
really
> sneak around. Imagine hydrogen coming in your house instead of
natural gas.
> You could make your own electricity, compress it for automobile
fuel, and
> drink the pure water that it generates.

The largest greenhouse gas is water vapor. I don't know how much is
produced in a fuel cell large enough for such uses, but when a couple
hundred million are in use, it could be pretty upsetting to some
natural balances.

But why worry about such details?

 Dave W.