Re: [MV] speaking of tires....

From: Dave Winslow \(Dad\) (David@Winslow.mv.com)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 04:36:31 PDT

From: "Sean Nichols" <Sean.Nichols@xilinx.com>

SNIP

> Is just putting a LOT of tire sealant into the tire as an
alternative
> fix a bad idea? I'm not a big fan of tire sealant, and as a rule
don't
> use it, but I fear the charges for this tire repair.

I don't know how you should handle your flat, but I have an opinion
about "fix-a-flat". I know the guy who takes the tire off later will
not appreciate it, but I have found this to be absolutely great stuff.
It quickly fixes slight rim leaks that the tire shop may be unable to
fix. This is very useful in the case of banged up or badly corroded
rims. I think it also adds a degree of reliability to the tire, as it
remains in there ready to plug a future slight leak.

Dave W.