Re: [MV] speaking of tires....

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 08:50:36 PDT

One think I DON'T do is use a chain when inflating. If you look at the
rating on your average chain and hooks, they are around 6,000 lbs. You
have to leave the chain(s) a little loose or you might not be able to get
them
off. As we all know, getting a running head start on a chain or a cable is
NOT a good idea

What I do is install the wheel on the truck, ring in and then inflate whilst
wearing hearing protection....

I purchased a Bear truck tire machine (15"-24" tires) a few years ago for
$175. It has to be about the BEST $175 I ever spent having 150+ split
rim tires...

Steve AKA Dr Deuce