Re: [MV] Multifuel block heater suggestions?

From: Kris Kirby (kris@catonic.net)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 12:10:29 PDT

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, D O wrote:
> I have seen some magnet type heaters that go on the oil pan, but the ones I
> have found are only 200 watts. I don't know how much heat you could put to
> the engine oil in a localized area without risk of breaking down the oil,
> though.

The block heater in my Chevy Caprice is a fixed resistance and works out
to 600W @ 120V. They are telling me it replaces a freeze plug in the
block. Maybe you can scavenge one off of a newer vehicle and "overcome and
adapt". :)

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris@nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"