[MV] Multifuel block heater suggestions?

From: D O (dohe69@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 11:28:55 PDT

Has anyone installed some sort of 120v block heater to the multifuel? Even
if it is able to start, it would be nice to have to ease wear/tear on the
engine, batteries, starter. Eventually I would like to install a fuel
burning coolant heater with low current coolant circulation pump so that I
can warm it up after camping out in the middle of nowhere, but for now an AC
powered heater would be great. I already have a heavy duty programmable
timer hardwired to an outlet on the front of my garage that is used for my
diesel pickup. I just program it to come on about 3 hours before I plan to
leave and it is good to go. Plug it in when you get home or at any time,
and you don't have to go outside again.

I have seen some magnet type heaters that go on the oil pan, but the ones I
have found are only 200 watts. I don't know how much heat you could put to
the engine oil in a localized area without risk of breaking down the oil,
though.

Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now
FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com