Re: [MV] M211 help

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 19:39:08 PDT

Bobby Joe is correct but I wish to point out one item. If the tranny uses
motor oil the early ones used the same 30 weight NON-Detergent motor oil
before the Army got smart and went to 10 weight NON-DETERGENT motor oil.
Diff is with 30 weight you need to religiously use low range going forward
and especially reverse to avoid burning out the clutch plates until the
tranny is up to operating temperature at which point you can go to high
range. The good news is while the Cadillac Designed 4 speed high and low
range tranny had it's little problems they are fixable and reliable. In
Memphis, Tennessee is a place called Memphis Equipment that has all the
parts for the 4 speed auto in the M-211 and they can completely rebuild it
for you (if you need it rebuilt that is) so here is their address

http://www.memphisequipment.com/

Enjoy it they can be a ball.

Jim