Re: [MV] M715 front axle detroit install

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 09:42:38 PDT

They are right. If you don't setup the gears properly although it might go
together easily, the gears won't mesh properly and you will screw up the
gears. I've done a few axles and sometimes everything drops in, but
typically you have to move a few shims around to get it right. I've never
done a Dana 70, but I thought you had to use a case spreader to properly
preload the side bearings with most Dana axles.

Dave