m1009 diesel run out of fuel problems

From: John Fuller (hotrod@mvp.net)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 19:18:05 PDT

Hi list,

I know that this problem was on the list recently and Stu has lots of information on this but I have been having email problems and everything was deleted.

The problem I am having with my M1008 chevy truck is that at times after the unit is sitting over night it is hard to start the next morning. It will start and run for a few seconds and then suddenly die. I will then crank and crank and finally it will start and run fine all day long. It seems to be running out of fuel and then picking it back up.

I remember you guys talking about the filter base having problems and some kind of switch or something.

Can someone please help and give me the information I need the address or phone number to get the parts.

Thanks John fuller