Re: [MV] Wiring for Air Compressor

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 20 2003 - 19:45:41 PDT

My code book is in the truck and I'm not going out to
get it tonight, don't do anything until you get an amp
rating on the motor, I'll look tomorrow, or call an
electrician who knows.

The biggest problem is start-up current, especially if
the compressor is a long ways from the service panel.

The breaker mounts, the tabs that plug into the
breaker for the compressor circuit, may not be big
enough for a breaker big enough to carry the start-up
current.

Joe

--- "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com>

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00919260000&tab=specs#tablink