Re: [MV] Wiring for Air Compressor

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 16:02:32 PDT

--- "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com>
wrote:
> Thanks Arthur, that's what I was searching for
++++++++
Well,........yeah. The National Electrical Code book
says a 7.5 Hp motor run on 120 volts will draw closer
to 80 amps, on 230 volts it will draw 40 amps, 240
will be slightly lower yet.

Use a time delay fuse or motor rated breaker with #8
wire, depending on how long the run is, if it's over
100 feet use #6, copper, of course.

Don't be afraid of conduit,

Joe