Re: [MV] Wiring for Air Compressor

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Tue Oct 21 2003 - 18:54:39 PDT

That's not quite right. If the motor was 100% efficient, 746 would be the
correct multiplier. But small motors are not very efficient. Plus there is
something else called power factor that causes the motor to draw more
current. So multiplying by 1100 and dividing by 240 is a lot closer.

Dave

--
Dave