NJ QQ Plates

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@msn.com)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 03:47:21 PST

Doug,

I have QQ Historic Plates on my 1952 M38A1 & have had nothing but smiles
from local & state police. I do not drive it every day. I do take it to
the store on occasion & have gone to Club meetings, Veteran Hospital
visits, displays & to gas it up. I garage it in an enclosed trailer, at
my son's house. When something like the Veterans day ceremonies are coming
up, I drive it home & keep it here for a few days. I then drive it around
to make sure it will not give me trouble at the wrong time.

I have a Personalized Plate that says "38A1" on the front only. My rear
plate has been in the glove box for over a year. Many police have
discussed the vehicle & had nothing but praise. They just ask what year &
smile. I think the fact that I am obviously a retiree, has the most to do
with the lack of response.

If you want a DAILY driver, do not get QQ Plates. If you want an enjoyable
time, go for it. I have FULL COVERAGE, CHUBB INS & the cost is very
reasonable. Send 2 pictures & tell them the value. If you need info,
e-mail me off list.

Good Luck !

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1
M-416 Trailer
MVPA # 20225
"MTA" Military Transport Association (A Military Vehicle Collectors Club,
dues $20 per year)