Re: [MV] NJ QQ Plates

From: Patrick Jankowiak (patrick.jankowiak@st.com)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 11:23:22 PST

I love Texas.

1. bumper numbers
2. most noncommercial use except daily driver.
3. 5 years for $50 on the deuce.
4. no 'official' inspection required -you do it yourself.
5. no insurance required (although it would be foolish to go without)

Now, on #2, the law says:
The vehicle must be used exclusively for exhibitions, club activities,
parades, or other functions of public interest and not used for regular
transportation. The vehicle may not carry advertising.

The definition of "functions of public interest" is quite broad, and
have never seen it strictly interpreted by a cop. "I am publicly
interested in driving my M35 to the lake and engaging in the public
function of camping. Other people of the public might be interested if
they see it." Now there you have a function of public interest.

--
Patrick Jankowiak
Field Application Engineer III