Re: [MV] fuel mileage on M35

From: Stephen & Jeanne Keith (cckw@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 05:58:36 PST

I can speak from a CCKW deuce point of view:

Having locking hubs or removing the splines from the front end is
definately worth it in maintenance and labor/time costs to me. All
my vehicles have this done.

On a deuce, tire matching is the most important thing you can do
on the truck. Remember the back is in 4 or 8 WD ALL the time.
The binding from unequal sized tires can be noticeable in the ability
of the deuce to roll w/o power on its own.

As I recall from physics, it takes an infinate amount of energy to
go at the speed of light and it goes down from there, so going faster
takes more energy than going slower. In addition, running at the
governed speed cannot be all that good all the time. I suggest that
all HMVs be driven 5 mph less than what is says on the data plate.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce