red Diesel fuel in GI M1009?

From: Chris Case (chriscase@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 11:01:55 PST

I'm and old wrench-bender new to diesels. While replacing a broken valve
spring on my fresh-from-the-government CUCV, I noticed that the fuel drips
from the disconnected injector lines were rusty-red. I thought maybe I've
got a contaminated fuel system, til I read about 'un-taxed' red dyed diesel
fuel. I'd guess the military wouldn't pay taxes, also the dye could act as
theft prevention marker. Does this make any sense, or shoud I pull the tank
?