Re: [MV] deuce lug nuts

From: noel shelley (noel@shelley1722.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 05:58:46 PST

Hi Fellas ,
                 Extension bars eat up the impact not the torque ! In the
UK we have small plastic pointers that are made in different sizes that are
a tight fit on the nut , you tighten the nuts then fit the pointers so they
all point in---out ---or sideways , if a nut shifts you can`t miss it , a
quick look at all the wheels gives peace of mind . Removing VERY tight nuts
heat is better than violence , I have had the stud snap , then you have a
whole load of work to replace it , careful drilling of a small hole down the
nut to split it or even grinding is better than breaking the stud . The rust
in the exposed thread MUST be removed , failure to do so will damage the nut
thread as well as making the job hard work . Oil or grease will ease
subsequent removal as well as protect the exposed thread . Any properly
torqued bolt or nut should not undo as the tension keeps it tight , the
tapered face centres the wheel as well help keep things tight .

The pointers cost £ 33.00 per 50

Happy Christmas to one and all , NOEL