Re: [MV] deuce lug nuts

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 06:31:48 PST

>My conclusion about antiseize- if used in bus service, almost continuous
>usage with frequent starts and stops, my main concern would be lugs
>loosening and I would not use antiseize. But with only occasional short trip
>usage, rusting is a much bigger concern. I think a typical "drive it a few
>times a month" MV would do just fine with antiseize. I'd still check the
>lugs for tightness every few months, and before any longer trips.

I and a number of friends use anti-seize on all lug nuts all the time for
many many years in all kinds of weather and service from little cars to
medium sized dump trucks and have never, ever had any problem or even hint
of problem. Seems to me it's the friction from the taper that does more to
keep the nut on than anything to do with the threads.

But then..... your mileage may vary.

later,

je