Re: [MV] Is this the land of the free??

From: mark@ehle.homelinux.org
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 04:40:04 PST

I disagree about little towns not wanting to waste money on lawyers. Battle
Creek, MI, recently wasted ~2 million dollars on fees and settlements to their
firefighters because they would not fire their racist, sexist fire chief. BC
settled but never admitted guilt and the fire chief kept his job. The proper
thing to do would have been to remove the chief, saving the tax payers
millions.

I faced a similar situation in a township just East of Battle Creek. My
solution was to move.

Mark Ehle
1970 AMG M35A2
Dowling, MI