Re: [MV] cucv fuel problem

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 04:35:10 PST

Aside from the glowplugs possibly being blown to bits, the injectors are possibly damaged, too. If not from the gasoline exploding, then from glow plugs parts beating them up. I guess it depends on how long it was run with gas. The other thing to worry about down the road is gaskets. Gasoline detonation will severely strain head gaskets, regardless of their strength.

You would be fortunate if this happened while the truck was warm and you have not actually run a glow cycle on a cold start since then. Then, you may not have any severe damage. I'd pull the injectors and take a look at them anyway and probably replace the glow plugs.

I would definitely inform the service station that they will be getting a bill. Even though it was probably the drivers fault, that's really your only recourse. Good Luck!