Re: [MV] So now what... (moving an m35)

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 11:42:54 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Pantano" <truks@cs.quik.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] So now what... (moving an m35)

> Your Blazer..in LOW range will -- will - move the Deuce from point A to
> point B with no problem at all...
> Take a long chain with you...and a piece of 2 or 3 inch steel pipe....run
> the chain through the pipe and attach one end to the Blazer and one end to
> the truck...you can pull that truck all over the bas like that - no
problem
> at all....and do it alone.... Just go nice and slow..
> Gene
> . I could drive my blazer up, but it's a 2dr s
> > series 4x4, and I don't think that I can rely on that to move it. I do
> > have possible access to 3/4 ton ford pickup maybe to use.

GL locally lets us put batteries in them, fire them up and drive them out of
the compound, or, failing that, hooking up and/or loading them from where
they sit however we see fit. I don't know if that's the same situation on
every base, but I've worked on trucks and trailers for a couple of hours to
get them in a driveable state before removing them from the PDO yard.