Re: [MV] M35 cargo bed strength/capacity

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 07:54:37 PST

I mis-calculated the weight of some granite I was moving, and hauled 8 tons
with one of my deuces, about 6 miles on pavement. When I unloaded, I
re-calculated and realized how much weight was really there. OOPS.
It still had travel left in the suspension, but, didn't go to fast,
especially up the 10 percent grade portion of the trip.......
Handled it fine, though, so, I did 6 more trips with no ill effects.
Not that I would suggest this, but, it illustrates the "over engineering"
that probably exists in these rigs....
Good luck,
Henry