Re: [MV] Mule Question

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 19:23:33 PST

>I have been half looking for a good Mule of and on for the last year or so.
Seems like everytime I find one nearby it is either 2 wheel steer, junk, or
way over priced (or any combination of the 3). How hard would it be to
convert one from 2 wheel to 4 wheel steer? I thought that might open up the
search options some.

Bill Watson has kits, I think current price is like $550. I have one here
now I am putting on for a customer. The only "issue" that isn't simple bolt
on is that you need to drill and tap 4 holes into the existing bosses on the
side of the tranny housing. I am told that some people do this in place, or
that you can remove the drivers side frame tube to make it easier. I remove
the tranny and do it in a machine as the tranny's always seem to need major
work anyway.

later,

je