Re: [MV] In Tank Fuel Pump

From: Fred Martin (mung@in-touch.net)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 07:21:09 PST

Hi Tim...I'm in agreement with you on the price of the newer fuel pumps
in todays vehicles...and the dealers want up toward $1000 to replace
one. An old schoolmate friend has a 1990? chevy truck that the fuelpump
went bad in and it's a helluva job taking the tank out of one...so we
just cut a hole in the bed (3 sided hole) and replaced it from
there...folded the opening back down and covered it with the bed
mat...and grinned at 'em. It's a wonder that JC Whitney or someone like
them don't sell a kit with a template to cut the hole and a piece of
formed metal and screws to cover the opening when you're done...so the
engineers will make the future vehicles with the pump under a
crossmember so you can't do it. Fred Martin