Re: [MV] GL and duty

From: John Seidts (jseidts@astory.com)
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 08:03:57 PST

The DRMO people I have worked with had always been very nice and helpful.
The business environment definitely has changed since GL took over, and I'm
not sure if it is for the better. DRMO used to be like a family business,
and it made the average joe's work with them very easy and most times
rewarding. I sort of miss that. To GL's credit, anybody I know who
followed their instructions to the letter has not had any problems and got
their property without incident, even with EUC's in the process.

Also, I think it falls within the conflicts of interest/ethical
obligations/contract performance guidelines when a Federal Employee helps a
contractor with their duties. After all, we are paying GL (giving them a
cut of the proceeds) to do their job, and not all those terribly expensive
and lazy federal employees. Remember, GL is saving you from paying dental
plans and retirements!

John K. Seidts
Terribly lazy and shiftless federal employee, without a dental plan