Re: [MV] Check the Points

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 12:43:48 PST

Hi Noel:

    I'm at work now and thus can't reference my original post, but if your
comments are in response to my 'discovery' that I have another set of
points to maintain I have to ask about the Glass Paper notation. The Chevy
Manual for this truck says to use a Rifle file or Rifle Spoon file.. can't
recall as I've never heard of it. That file was metal. The Manual gave
specific instructions on how to handle the depression which arcing might
have created...
    I wonder if this difference isn't due to who bought the truck
originally? The truck went to the Atomic Energy Commission, and they
likely did not buy through military channels (?? David? ), thus the vehicle
would not have been military spec. But still, if there are two versions of
the 1953 Chevy 3/4 ton I would think they share the same voltage regulator,
thus the maintenance should be the same for that part.

    A moot point as I'm still waiting for the rain to stop <g> For those
who live in stormy areas we in the Bay Area don't get to yell about the
weather all that often ( earthquakes don't count as you don't get a warning
and time to tape the windows, hide in the cellar, etc ). However new years
eve a nice little front moved through here. New Years day I found my big
old propane BBQ had blown over and moved 10' across the patio. This was
abutting the rear of my house, under lots of trees, where the wind rarely
shines... I was able to right the unit and find most of the pieces, but
will have to wait for the dogs digestive tracts to finish with some of the
lava rock... oh heck, time to buy new lava rock.

         Paul
         '53 REO M35 Fire Conversion
         '53 AEC Chevy 3/4 Ton
         MVPA #24986