Re: [MV] Legality of MV tires

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 13:03:37 PST

>One rear tire has no air in it, and I'm too lazy to change it.

I'm lazy and cheap. I've been having very good luck with a product made by
Pennzoil called "fix a flat"(yellow and black can with a short filler tube)
it's about 3.50 to 4.00 at autostores and Walmart. As long as it is just a
slow leak, like air it up one day and flat the next, this has worked for me
on tubes and tubeless tires. Last week I had a 11.00 x 20 that the flap had
wore a hole in the tube and the local Goodyear charged 50.00 to put a new
tube and flap in. Up from 35.00 in the past year. Wayne

>From: m35products <m35prod@optonline.net>
>Subject: Re: [MV] Legality of MV tires
>Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 21:31:17 -0500
>
>Some random thoughts:
>
>Don't ask, don't tell. Are they black? Are they tires? Do they have air in
>them? OK, you pass. What other type of tire would they expect a military
>truck to have on it?
>
>My E-brake hasn't worked right in years. One rear tire has no air in it,
>and
>I'm too lazy to change it.
>
>I get my truck safety/emission inspected at a Dodge dealer where (1) I
>bring a box of doughnuts, (2) I hand them my credit card, (3) (a miracle
>occurs) and (4) a sticker gets put on my truck. They are more interested in
>the exhaust gases, at least here in the People's Republik of Long Island.
>
>They very kindly put a chock behind the rear wheel while they test the
>emissions. The inspector likes to reminisce about his days in the Sea
>Bees.
>
>Where in Nueva Yok are you, again?

Get reliable dial-up Internet access now with our limited-time introductory
offer. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup