Re: [MV] OIL QUESTION FOR AN M35A2

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 01:32:01 PST

Tony

Use a good 15W40 and you can't go wrong. Those
manuals were written a long time ago.

In regards to your oil level being a quart or two low
at times. I check the oil in my duece 1-2 minutes
after shutdown. This allows me to check it before the
oil from the oil filter canisters drain into the pan
but yet enough time for oil elsewhere to collect in
the pan. The dipstick may even have this stamped in
it, I can't remember. I believe the main thing is to
be consistant. I remember chasing the oil level on my
engine around before getting in the habit of checking
it as mentioned above. More than likely you really
need to add that quart or two but it is something to
keep in mind.

Good luck
Marc