Re: [MV] Normandy Trivia and it goes on and on

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 13:46:33 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nigel Hay" <Nigel@milweb.net>
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 12:16 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Normandy Trivia and it goes on and on

> Sometimes it was hard not
> to challenge the proud owners as I interviewed them to the crowd.
> Er, that's enough cynicism for one day,

I used to do much the same, but after one-too-many "Son, you don't know what
you're talking about(s)" from M151A2 owners whose vehicles fought the good
fight in Southeast Asia in 1967 (!) and similar stories of provenance with
ignorant and obnoxious owners attached - I realized it was all really bad
for my blood pressure and inevitably somewhat counterproductive. I suppose
ultimately even owners like these are only custodians of their bits of kit
which might one day find their way into the hands of someone who actually
knows something about them (sans embellishment), so I tend to just sprinkle
holy water on the most egregious of the cretins, back away making the sign
of the cross, and hope for things to improve with the next owner. <shrug>.
Frustrations like that are why we have Beer Gardens.