Re: [MV] Shop Building recommendations

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 16:45:14 PST

At 6:44 PM -0500 1/12/04, Ron wrote:
>Pallet racks for vertical storage or some large piece of equipment that was
>only 12 feet tall on it's side but was assembled taller inside when stood
>up. Lotsa reasons...
> The facility I worked at has a high bay that is 72 feet tall with 18
>foot tall doors. It has 65 foot tall anechoic (sp?) chambers that were
>assembled in pieces and used for bore site testing of Patriot missile
>forebody radars.
> Then again, there was the Vertical Assembly Building of Apollo fame at
>Cape Canaveral. Wonder if that will make eBay when the STS finally goes
>away?

No because any large systems will need a big place to assemble
stacks. Further, the other side of the VAB has been converted into an
orbiter service building so the tall stacks only get put together on
one of the original two VAB bays.

Ryan who has an Uncle and Aunt down at the Cape working for USA.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                         '01 Honda Insight -