Shop Building stumbling block

From: Ron (rojoha@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 05:45:53 PST

The missus and I went house/land shopping in regards to "OUR" new project
yesterday.
    We found a 12 acre parcel with house (I think it had some bedrooms and a
kitchen, not sure cause I can't get the deuce in there and didn't pay much
attention) and 3 stall horse barn and 2 goats (crazy horse lady who owns
plot says goats GO with the property, and maybe 1 of the three horses. She
has turned down many folks who laughed at the goats and runs off developers.
My wife thought they were cute. I know they eat Poison Ivy, so that makes
them ok in my book.)
    Problem is that the parcel is land locked on three sides by other
properties and an abandoned rail road bed. The only access is the driveway
to the house and stable. But here is the trip wire. The house and
paddock/stable sit on about an acre and a half and then there is an easement
for a 10 inch high pressure gas line that is 50 feet wide that cuts the
property apart into the 1.5 / 10.3 acre segments. She says it specifies you
can walk across it or ride a horse across it, but CANNOT drive a vehicle
across it.
    Now this same gas line runs under many streets and new development
roads through this section of New Hampshire, so permission can be gotten
some how to put a driveway across it.
    Some of you folks out there must have one of these puppies running
across your properties, since I notice the little orange marker pipes all
over the place now. Any advice or anecdotes on how to approach the pipeline
company for permission?
    Methods like 8 or 10 foot deep gravel pass over or a Bailey Bridge come
to mind.

    Inquiring minds want to know how I can put up my HMV restoration
facility inside the perimeter of the No Drive Zone.

    TIA, Ron