Re: [MV] tire topics

From: Bigfoot Ghille (ghille@writeme.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 14:44:49 PST

I have used military surplus canvas preservative, and "CANVAK" and both work well, and can be applied in many ways.  I have seen recipies for making canvas preservative on the internet from paint thinner and soybean oil (1:5 ratio?).  I guess you are supposed to use soybean oil because it doesn't get rancid.  However, I have never made my own.