RE: [MV] Reflective tailgate tape

From: Glenn Shaw (wolf.star@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 15:41:50 PST

Hi Sean
The Red and Yellow reflective decals are required on all US Army
Vehicles in Europe. USAREUR Regulation. The are called NATO
Delineators and are made by 3M out of special retroreflective material
for rear end crash avoidance, same as the red and silver tapes used on
trucks here in the states. They come in 4" square for M151 size trucks
and small trailers, 6" square for everything else except the rear
mudflaps of large trucks and trailers which are 16" square. The 4 " and
6 " sizes are very hard to find but can be ordered through the mil
supply system. The 16" ones that are used on the rear of big trucks
deuce size and up are available from Rick Larsen last I checked. They
also come preinstalled on plastic sheets with mounting holes for bolting
on to mudflaps. Front Line Mil Vehicles had some of the 6" ones but
they are getting very expensive these days. The are VERY visible day
and night on the rear of a truck.

Glenn
M1043 (with NATO Delineators :)