Re: [MV] A whole mess of questions

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 31 2004 - 00:15:49 PST

In a message dated 1/31/04 12:38:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
frey2@eng.usf.edu writes:

> 1. Is the 465 the displacement of the engine? 478 cubic inches.

> 2. What was the strength of teh most commonly issued winch? or how could i
> identify what i have? All deuce winches were Garwoods design rated at
10,000#

> 3. For sand and mud and the road to get there what is the best 11x20 tire?
> 4. I have seen a picture of somebody towing a duece with a 1 ton chevy
> pickup,
> how can this be done safely? I've done it. Can't be done safely but it
can be done. Make sure your insurance is good. Better yet, use a trailer with
brakes. If you do try this, be in good graces with the man upstairs. (2000
miles experience with the towbar)

> 5. How resistant to tearing are the canvas cab and bed tops to limbs and
> branches?
> 6. What were the large electrical sockets on the side of the cab for?
> 7. I was told it is not good to let the engines idle for extended periods
of
> time due to carbon build up on the valves, thus causing them to stretch,
is
> this
> true?
> 8. What batteries can I use to replace the original ones? they only last
> about a
> day now.
> 9.The rod/actuator coming from the rear of the transmission to the
> transfercase
> moves from forward to reverse, for what reason? I think it is the reason
the
> front axle does not drive. This actuates the overriding clutch on pre
aire shift trnasfer cases (also called sprags)