Re: [MV] PS 364 article copy wanted

From: Ron (rojoha@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 10:25:54 PST

    Well, the ones I'm offering for trade on cd are the archived issue .pdfs
(731 mb, guess that will be a 2 cder, eh?) from the LOGSA site. There are a
lot of individual articles available from pre '99 also in the searchable
index, but a lot of those come back as ' not available on line- contact so
and so if a copy is required' and that only applies to Military units not
civilians ( in process of downloading those too, since they'll probably get
nuked soon due to the Putzriot Act. But they don't make it easy, don't know
if it's a problem with the Adobe Reader or the way the site responds to
requests ) . It would require that someone have all the previous issues back
to 1 (which from posts to this list over the past six years indicate are
hard to come by) and the time to scan them all and then proof them, then
post or cd them. Looks like 550 issues not on line, or about 7 Gig worth.
Not exactly a minor task. If your going to that much trouble, to make it
useful would require a searchable index, more hours. To be useful, it may
require you to buy a full version of Adobe to create the series, and that is
pretty expensive. The latest posted PS issues tell you that you need to
upgrade to Adobe Reader ver 6, about a 26 mb download on line.
     I'm sure there would be a market for them, but would you be able to
charge what your time and effort was worth, and for that matter, get?
        Maybe mildocs will do it. Or.....