Re: [MV] Testing the deuce in the snow

From: Ray Fougnier (rfougnier@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Feb 09 2004 - 16:48:44 PST

I went to a parade with our Jeep club. Driving into town towards an
intersection, I saw a National Guardsman running towards me. He waved
for me to stop and pull in line with the rest of the troops, but then
realized I was not with them. He just waved me off and I kept going.
The looks on the troops faces was what was really funny. They must have
thought I was nuts, driving a Duece, for fun.

Another time, I was driving at 2AM down a multi lane street. I stopped
at a red light and the state police pulled up next to me. They asked
what unit I was with and then asked if I owned the truck, then asked if
i had a plate. Yes I had a plate, they didn't ask where it was located
(under my seat). They said ok, see ya later, pulled behind me, looked
for the plate, then turned on the lights. We pulled over, they checked
my papers, asked if I had terrorist stuff in the back and then looked.
They were interested in how much I paid for it, got a few laughs at my
expense, told me it was a great thing and let me go. They warned me to
put the plate on it, so needless to say I did, because I'm positive they
put that in the database for next time.

Ray