Re: [MV] Humvee Height

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 09:32:22 PST

At 10:53 AM -0600 2/10/04, Vernon Tuck wrote:
>Would y'all be kind enough to educate me as to a range of prices for which
>Humvees can be bought as surplus?

I've heard from $18k plus for poor vehicles. Figure on doing work to
get them really in good sorts as reliable runners. Good to excellents
seem ro range from $25K+. Watch out for Civy models dressed up as
military. They'll be more expensive. Modifications and fixes for
certain ailments (vampire transmission issue for example) abound from
what I've seen.

I've thought about one and decided I'd rather get a 101" FC Landrover
and perhaps re-power it. Do a search for them on google. You'll find
some hits for Ex-Mil HMMWVs for sale.

http://www.olive-drab.com/od_mvg_hmmwv.php3

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -