Re: [MV] Humvee Height

From: Vernon Tuck (vtuck@tucklings.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 08:53:47 PST

Would y'all be kind enough to educate me as to a range of prices for which
Humvees can be bought as surplus?

Last night my wife surprised me by saying she wants one...

I will also appreciate any other advice which will orient me as to what
model configurations and/or years to look for and/or avoid.

I'm not a purist collector like some of y'all are. Therefore, collector's
value is a distant secondary consideration.

Finally, I'll appreciate some candid observations from owners as to just how
high (or low) maintenance they really are. I am a competent
do-it-yourselfer with years of gasoline and diesel experience to draw on.
So I'm certainly not scared of getting my knuckles doity.

Regards and thanks!
Vernon