Re: [MV] Roll bar on 5 ton and deuces? Anyone know of a mil one?

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 17:36:43 PST

I second that vote - I'd much rather stay in the vehicle.

I speak from experience - I rolled a '74 Audi Fox in the hills of Tennesee
one night in the late 70's, did three complete rolls before coming to a
halt in a ditch. I can still remember seeing the pavement slide over my
head as I hung from my seat belt upside down. I drove that car for 800
miles more (I was on vacation). Soon after the insurance company declared
it a total loss and it was scrapped. Every panel on the car was smashed
and the rear window and one side window were gone.

All of the stuff in the back seat, was in the middle of the road.

Once is enough.

Dave